Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Last night in Mexico....

For the past month, I have been exploring the large city of Guadalajara.  It has been one of the craziest experiences of my life.  I have submerged myself into the Mexican culture, which was much harder than I thought it would be.  I learned a lot of new things.  I experienced new traditions, new places, new food, new everything.... It really puts a whole new perspective into how I view my life.  Before I came here, I thought it would be easy adapt to this culture, but I was completely wrong.  Living here for the past month has been like living in a daze, it has been a whole new world.  A world that I don't understand or relate to.  It has opened my eyes, making me appreciate so much more and feel fortunate for what I have.  I can't even explain how hard it has been for me these past few weeks.  Especially considering I don't have and Mexican background and don't speak spanish.  All I can say is that
I have met some great new people, I have seen new places, I have tried new things and I have learned a lot more about the mexican culture.  This trip has been a wild ride, full of good and bad memories.  I have hit a few obstacles, the biggest being that it has been decided for me to go home now and it is very bittersweet.  I feel so ready to get back to my home and my family and my life.  On the other hand, I am not ready because there is so much more I wanted to see and do while I was here.  I just wish I had more time and better circumstances.  On the bright side, as homesick as I have been, I kept strong through this whole trip.  It was so difficult, but I did it.  I think a lot of people doubted whether I would survive this long but.... I made it!!!  For now, I have two huge suitcases that I have to pack. (A girl has to back a lot of clothes for a month long adventure!) ¡Adiós!



xoxo,
Danielle

P.S.  There are many more Mexico posts and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :) I love reading all of them!